Monday, June 27, 2011

They’ve done it again


(Photo by BobbaLew.)

The overly zealous guardians of the Stirnee Road (“stir-nee”) parking-lot at nearby Boughton Park (“BOW-tin;” as in “wow”) have blessed our car with yet another parking citation.
This is the second time.
This is despite our having the needed parking sticker (see illustration).
But dear me, it’s on our windshield instead of a side-window as required (by law?).
I put it there (awful temerity and unmitigated gall and horrific audacity) because all our remaining non-opening windows, including side windows, were partially obscured by factory window tinting.
I also didn’t know of their side-window requirement.
That’s all I need. Some money-hungry towing company towing my car away despite the fact it’s legal — that we are long-time residents of West Bloomfield, part-owners of the park, and we have the required parking permit.
In fact, years ago I was a member of the Boughton Park Board, volunteer administers of the park.
So I suppose I gotta drag yet again up to the West Bloomfield Town Clerk, get another sticker, and scrape off my reprehensible error in our windshield.
And install my new sticker in a tinted side-window, where I hope the zealots will see it.
What next, Boughton Park on Facebook?

• “Boughton Park,” is where I run and we walk our dog. It only allows taxpayers of the three towns that own it to use it. We are residents of one of those towns (West Bloomfield).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home