Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cellphone wars

About three months ago my hairdresser introduced me to his Verizon Droid© Smartphone, which he loved.
“You might be interested in this,” he said. “You should get one yourself.”
I was skeptical. To me a cellphone is mainly a phone.
“Since you drive Apple (this computer is a MAC), you might be interested in Apple’s iPhone instead,” he said. “Verizon is gonna do iPhone; so I hear.”
I was skeptical until I drove his phone myself.
A Droid will do Internet.
What a great idea. Out in the middle of nowhere, and do Internet from the satellite.
I.e. Not require wi-fi.
Most of the places I’ve visited have wi-fi, but there would be places that don’t.
So I got a Droid of my own, the Droid-X pictured.
That was a month ago, and now the TV news is announcing Verizon will do iPhone.
I could have held off, but iPhone uses a soldered-in battery.
To me this is silly.
My Droid has a regular battery I can easily replace.
Score one for the Droid.
Which is why I got my Droid instead of iPhone.
From what I understand, both Droid and iPhone can do pretty much the same things.
But with a Droid I can easily change out the battery.
With iPhone I can’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home