Friday, December 24, 2010

“Recalculating.....”

I’m headed west on N. Bloomfield Road, returning from Mighty Tops in Canandaigua, after working out at the YMCA.
I’m headed for Brace Road, where I will turn right, north.
A black BMW sedan is in front of me, also signaled to turn right on Brace Road.
They turn right, and immediately head for the right shoulder, but still block half the road.
No four-ways; still just the right-turn signal.
I will hafta cross the double-yellow to go around.
I go around and look their way as I drive past.
Yep-err; they got the GPS on.
“Do we turn here, or don’t we......”
I continue on, but look in my rear-view mirror as I continue ahead.
They are hooking a U-turn back toward N. Bloomfield Road; back-and-forth.
Then as I drive farther ahead, they are headed in my direction again.
In the time it took them to figure out their GPS, I put at least a half-mile on them; and I wasn’t being Mario Andretti about it.

• “Tops” is a large supermarket-chain based in Buffalo we occasionally buy groceries at. They have a store in nearby Canandaigua.
• “Canandaigua” (“cannan-DAY-gwuh”) is a small city nearby where we live in Western NY. The city is also within a rural town called “Canandaigua.” The name is Indian, and means “Chosen Spot.” —It’s about 15 miles away.
• I work out in the Canandaigua YMCA exercise-gym.
• “Mario Andretti” is a famous retired racecar driver.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home