Monday, December 13, 2010

Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk-nyuk

“It looks like I can actually return the rebate-form on that Smartphone,” I said to my wife. “I managed to get rid of that silly boogaloo ringtone.”
Anyone who reads this here blog, assuming there are any at all, knows yrs trly purchased a Droid-X® Smartphone (pictured at left).
“It appears to be within the range of this aging stroke-survivor,” I said.
At first it seemed I might have to give up; return it as incomprehensible.
There’s no manual, yet. (I’ll order one.) —I have to punch things in and see what happens.
Strange anomalies occur while doing so.
We got a small informational flyer with it. It denoted one button as “menu.”
Hmmmnnnnnn.......
I turned it on last night (Sunday, December 12, 2010) and punched “menu.”
A menu appeared, just like my old cellphone.
It had “settings;” I punched that.
The “settings” menu appeared, it had “ringtones.”
So I punched that.
Suddenly all 89 bazilyun possible ringtones appeared, including the one currently activated; the dreaded boogaloo ringtone.
Okay, on my old cellphone if I switched to an alternate ringtone, it rang that, so I’ll try that on this Smartphone.
I punched a standard telephone ring.
“Ring-ring!”
“WOW!” I said. “That’s much better than ‘Boom-chicka-boom-chicka-boom-chicka-boom-chicka.’”
Okay, time for a test.
I unholstered our wireless landline phone, and dialed my cellphone number.
Nothing!
I could hear it going to voicemail.
I turned on my wife’s cellphone, her old Motorola RAZR, and dialed it from our landline.
My Smartphone rang.
“Now what?” I said.
I dialed her cellphone again, and it rang.
Then my Smartphone, and it rang.
At least it was no longer the ridiculous boogaloo ringtone. It was something I could stand.
We have individual cellphones, but under the same account.
Like maybe Verizon had activated my Smartphone to be my wife’s cellphone.
But I guess not.
My wife’s RAZR calls my Smartphone, as does our landline, or so it seems.
And it’s no longer the boogaloo ringtone.

• “My wife” of 43 years is “Linda.”
• RE: “Aging stroke-survivor.....” —We’re both 66, and I had a stroke over 17 years ago.
• “Verizon” is our cellphone service provider.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home