Sunday, February 24, 2008

No caller-ID

We got a phonecall from Straight yesterday (Saturday, February 23, 2008).
Apparently he was wandering around deepest, darkest south Jersey, and was considering visiting MayZ.
He wanted to call May first instead of barging in unannounced like my parents. (“We’re here!”)
And he didn’t have MayZ’s phone-number programmed into his cellphone.
So he was calling from his cellphone.
Linda answered.
“Your phone should say it’s ‘Valerio’ calling.” (His cellphone is a Valero phone.)
Well guess what? (Horror-of-horrors!)
We don’t have caller-ID on the landline.
It came on our cellphones, but I never felt we needed it.
This risks being yammered at by the bluster-boy, although I can screen out his noisy pot-shots on my cellphone.
Now to see if Straight visited MayZ, and if her son Paul is still dating Looney-Tunes.

  • “Straight” (“Straight-Arrow”) is my younger brother Bill in northern Delaware. He works in the Valero oil-refinery, which I pronounce as “Valerio.”
  • I’m originally from south Jersey.
  • “MayZ” is my aunt May, who my uncle called “May-zie.”
  • “The bluster-boy” is my all-knowing, blowhard brother-in-Boston, who noisily badmouths everything I do or say. He leaves noisy put-downs on my cellphone voicemail.
  • My aunt May abhors the floozy her son Paul is dating, and calls her “Looney-Tunes.”
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home