Saturday, January 19, 2008

BINGO!

Explanatory prelude:

Exhibit A
For at least 17 or more months we have received a monthly pension deposit from Linda’s pension where they apparently did not deduct her medical insurance co-pay (Exhibit A).
This is apparently despite Linda’s authorizing the medical-insurance co-pay to be deducted from her monthly pension deposit.
“I worked that out long ago. Who ever knew I’d have to verify it? I thought my pension amount was after the deduction.”
Now all-of-a-sudden, effective January 1, 2008, the medical-insurance co-pay is deducted from the monthly pension deposit (Exhibit B).

So Linda calls her pension administrator (off-site, of course), and explains the situation.
“What we see is your insurance co-pay being deducted from your monthly pension deposit,” they said; “and it’s been that way since you retired.
“What you see on your screen is not what I have on my statement,” Linda said. “I don’t see any insurance deduction until January 1, 2008.”

Exhibit B
The issue was referred to the pension Research Department, after Linda ran them ragged for about 20 minutes.
Weeks of deafening silence passed — they did call once to say they were still working on it.
Finally a dude called back yesterday (Friday, January 18, 2008).
“Research says the co-pay was deducted.”
“Okay,” Linda said, throwing up her hands; “I did my part!”
“If you say so; thanks for the free gift. We figure about $700.”
Linda hung up.
“Of course they don’t wanna find their error,” she said. “What if we’re the tip of the iceberg?”
“Is this any way to run a business? No wonder we have a mortgage crisis.”

  • “Linda” is my wife of 40 years.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home