Wednesday, December 05, 2007

minor infraction

It is dark, and we are returning from Wilmot yesterday afternoon (Tuesday, December 4, 2007) in the CR-V.
We are on Interstate-390 heading south toward the Rush exit.
Approaching the Rush exit, I flip on my right-turn signal.
Suddenly an Olds Alero rips into the exit ahead of us. No turn-signal: “I don’t need one; I voted for Dubya.”
The Rush exit empties onto U.S. Route 15, so you’re making a left-turn onto 15.
Again, no turn-signal from the Alero; again “I don’t need one; I voted for Dubya.”
We proceed south on Route 15 over I-390, and suddenly the Alero sweeps left across Route 15 onto the I-390 on-ramp.
Again; no turn-signal — no indication whatsoever.
“Musta missed the Thruway,” I observe.
Sorry guys; too dark to see if it had a Dubya-sticker.

  • “Wilmot” is Wilmot Cancer Center in Rochester. My wife (“Linda”) has lymphatic cancer, which can be beat into remission with chemo-therapy. Her chemo-therapy is at Wilmot Cancer Center. I am the taxi-driver.
  • “The CR-V” is our 2003 Honda CR-V SUV.
  • “Dubya” is George W. Bush.
  • “U.S. Route 15” was once the main entrance north into Rochester. Now it’s Interstate-390.
  • “Dubya-sticker” is a Bush-Cheney 2004 bumper-sticker. All insane traffic-moves seem to involve Bush-supporters. They seem to think they have the right.

    Labels:

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home