Tuesday, October 30, 2007

$7,000 PLASMA-BABY ALERT........

BEHOLD
Are they crazy?
“This has to be the most expensive packet of lettuce-seed I have ever seen in my entire life,” Linda said.
“185 smackaroos!”
“For crying out loud!” I exclaimed.
White Flower Farm. You also get a wooden bowl, a jug of balsamic vinegar, and a wooden spoon.”
“Even then, I don’t get $185.”
They also had a tray of pine-cones (pictured) for $375!
We got pine-cones all over the forest-floor at the so-called elitist country-club.
Sounds like we should do a web-site and/or a catalog and advertise junk at outlandish prices.
In the words of P.T. Barnum: “there's a customer born every minute.” (He didn’t say “sucker.”)

  • A “$7,000 plasma-baby” is my macho brother-in-Boston’s wide-screen, high-definition TV. He referred to it as a “$7,000 plasma, baby.”
  • “Linda” is my wife of nearly 40 years.
  • “The so-called elitist country-club” is nearby Boughton (“BOW-tin”) Park, where we walk our dog. It was called that long ago by an editor at the Canandaigua Daily-Messenger newspaper, where I once worked, because it will only allow taxpayers of the three towns that own it to use it. We are residents of one of those towns.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home