Friday, August 31, 2007

Thank ya Gates!

Last night (Thursday, August 30, 2007), since my giant fish-oil horse pills are running out, I had the awful temerity and unmitigated gall and horrific audacity to think I could order them online, as I did last time, to avoid buying them at the Physical-Therapy gym I had just been tossed out of.
Last time we found them with a Froogle-search, and this time the web-address of the supplier was right on the bottle-cap.
So I fired up my Internet-Explorer 5.2, the browser I only use for online orders (it came with OS-X), cranked the web-address into the browser-window, and clicked “Enter.”
Internet-Explorer promptly dove into the ozone, globe madly spinning. At least 30 seconds passed (thrump-thrump).
“Well, I haven’t got all day,” I shouted.
I gave up, and copy-pasted the web-address into FireFox. Bam! Almost instantaneously; to the brandvitamindiscounters home-page.
I located the search-window, and cranked in “EPA-DHA 720.”
Again, Bam! Almost instantaneously. There it is: “MetaGenics EPA-DHA 720.”
“Add-to-cart;” “check-out-now.”
Bam! Off to the checkout page.
Apparently, brandvitamindiscounters is affiliated with Amazon; i.e. I guess Amazon collects and then reimburses brandvitamindiscounters.
“Insert Amazon password.”
Bam! Fill in what little information is needed. I already have an Amazon account, and they even have my credit-card number.
“Place order.”
Bam; “an error has occurred.”
Oh well; nothing new. I guess I gotta try Internet-Explorer.
I click Internet-Explorer, which is is still on in the background, and it’s displaying the brandvitamindiscounters home-page.
Apparently it could crank it, if I had waited long enough (at least 15 minutes had passed).
So I cranked EPA-DHA 720 into the IE search-window, clicked “go,” and watched IE dive into the ozone.
Thrump-thrump. Well, I guess I gotta fiddle something else while waiting. FlagOut here I come!
After about 15 minutes, IE was displaying the MetaGenics page, so I clicked “EPA-DHA 720,” and again watched the globe spin frantically.
Back to FlagOut.
After another 15 minutes, IE was displaying the “add-to-cart” page, and taking my money went rather quickly.
Buying those horse-pills took at least an hour.
Ain’t technology wonderful? Thank ya, Internet-Explorer. Thank ya Gates!

  • “FlagOut” is our family’s web-site, named that because I had a mentally-retarded kid-brother (Down Syndrome) who lived at home, and loudly insisted the flag be flown every day. “Flag-Out! Sun comes up, the flag goes up! Sun goes down, the flag comes down.” I fly the flag partly in his honor. (He died at 14 in 1968.)
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home