Monday, December 11, 2006

Fatboy

My January 2007 issue of Cycle World has a road-test of a Harley-Davidson Fatboy.
It also has a sidebar discussing the fact that its new 96-cubic-inch motor generates a lot of heat.
It has the same finning as the 88; no increase.
So the issue is the 96 generates a lot of heat; so much it has burned passengers and required riders to dismount.
Ridden fast enough, they run cool; but in parade-mode (which I guess is Laconia-mode), the rear cylinder gets very hot.
Harley has installed a junkyard-fix; disabling the rear cylinder if the temperature climbs high enough.
This makes me wonder about my brother’s vaunted GeezerGlide.
He has the Screamin’ Eagle modifications, which put the displacement over 100 cubes.
His bike sounded fairly strong at Rachle’s (doesn’t matter) wedding, although I’m sure a good sportbike could utterly cream it.
It also had a Bub exhaust (I think), which helped. (At least it had a nice rap.)
So I wonder if it too generates gobs of heat; i.e. if it has the same finning that was on the 88.
I predict a torrent of macho blustering. COVER YOUR MONITOR, BUBBA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home