Thursday, November 02, 2006

RE: “I don’t care.......”

RE: “I don’t care.......”
Um, yeah; lessee........
  • If I didn’t care, I would have let youz guys fend for yourselves when MD stormed up to her room and slammed the door;
  • If I didn’t care, I wouldn’t have given youz guys roller-coaster rides in the baby-carriage while MD nattered from the kitchen-window;
  • If I didn’t care, there would have been no Chester Ferry;
  • If I didn’t care, I wouldn't have taken youz guys up along the Royal Blue to see the Reading steam-engine;
  • If I didn’t care, there wouldn’t have been a Simple Bump;
  • If I didn’t care, I wouldn't have taken youz guys along to Lindenwold and ridden PATCo to death;
  • If I didn’t care, I wouldn't have dragooned you out from Fulton to see “the Queen of the West End;”
  • If I didn’t care, we wouldn't have chased 611;
  • If I didn’t care, I wouldn't have tried to convince you to detour through West Virginny to see 765 in New River Gorge.
    Um, here we are, 6 a.m., out in the middle of nowhere, wandering around in the pitch-dark at some lonely, rural grade-crossing on the C&O main near Scary Hill.
    “Yep; this is where I wanna be.”
    “Sure Jack; whatever-ya-say. I’m glad you can find the perfect photo-spot despite total darkness and no fog.”
    I think an uncaring person would have stayed in bed at the motel.

    I think I get it. “I don’t care” equals I dispute every bit of hot air you generate (awful temerity and unmitigated gall and horrific audacity), and all your wild fabrications.
    In your mind, true love would be slavish approval of everything you think/do/say, even when it’s WRONG. In other words: huzza-huzza.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home