Saturday, September 02, 2006

BLOG FOLLIES

I threw a lot of junk onto the blog last night (Tuesday, August 29). All of it was in my ‘pyooter-trash; stuff I had posted to Flag-Out in the past.
You aren’t missing anything; nor are the infamous ne’er-do-wells — i.e. it was on Flag-Out, and/or e-mailed to the ne’er-do-wells.
Various hairballs appeared. My Netscape 7.0 gave me the blog toolbar, but not the post-box. IE gave me the post-box, but no toolbar.
My first post (IE) was centered, but without the toolbar we couldn’t “edit” that. We had to pore through the site’s HTML to change “center” to “left.”
The toolbar also had a button for posting pictures from your ‘pyooter, like MyFamblee.com. But without the toolbar I couldn’t post pictures — e.g. the “Shoo-gah” profile-pik.
Linda’s IE displayed the toolbar, so I had to e-mail her the pik so she could upload it.
The pik then became its own blog-post, but she was able to probe through the site-HTML to copy the image-tag.
She plugged that into my profile-edit, but that wouldn’t “save.” Mine would, so she e-mailed me back the image-tag so I could plug it into my profile-update, which saved.
So after a lot of horsing around, the “Shoo-gah” pik appears as my profile-pik. I also deleted the pik-blog so the pik wouldn’t appear twice.
There may have been some better way to do this (file directly to the profile instead of the blog first), but we (that’s both of us, Bubba) couldn’t see it.
Their “Help” wasn’t very helpful. There was an image-tag example, but no place to upload a photo. They also were blubbering something about uploading photos with an FTP. They have to be kidding. The mighty Mezz had an FTP. That’s serious equipment. I ain’t a publisher. (My Famblee.com doesn’t require an FTP.)
BlogSpot was also suggesting I run it with the FireFox browser. So I Googled “FireFox” and fired up the Mozilla FireFox site. They said their 1.5 didn’t support OS 9; I run 9.2. I have OSX, but don’t run it currently, since doing so would require making 89 bazilyun aliases. I don’t have all day. “Some day;” I always say. OSX is “some day,” as is FireFox. If I can run the blog with IE, that’s what we do currently. (There also was no “download” button.)
You can go to the blog if you want, but it’ll be stuff you’ve read before. And the same “Shoo-gah” pik is my profile-pik on Flag-Out. (It is a classic.)
I only did it because 1) various of the infamous ne’er-do-wells suggested I should, and 2) I wanted to see if I could do it (techy challenge; whatever).
It’ll be interesting to see if I get questions about who the “almighty Bluster-King” is........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home