Sunday, August 02, 2020

Lust

—76 years old, way over-the-hill, somewhat obese, walk like a little old man……
But still smitten by pretty ladies.
Just shopping my supermarket makes that obvious. We’re all wearing masks due to COVID-19.
But I can still see their eyes, etc.
“WOW! Look at her, then look at her, then look at her!”
Flaccid arms, but she might be fun to talk to.
Years ago I drove bus for Regional Transit Service. The hardest thing in summer was to get past the Liberty-Pole on Main Street in Rochester.
“How am I supposed to keep it between the lines with all them pretty ladies lounging in the sun?”
I suppose this attraction between sexes is designed in. Procreate the species, blah-blah…..
Otherwise how would anyone be attracted to anything so scattershot?
Wherein is a nose attractive?
Imagine some extra-terrestrial encountering humans. UGH! Who designed that?”
And please don’t smile at me. Do that and I melt.
I find myself tryin’ to make ‘em smile.
Do that, and we all feel good.
Sadly, I learn this 70 years late.
I have one female friend only 19 years old. I guess I gained her trust. I’m not some dirty old hot-to-trot widower.
She’s cute, but not extraordinarily.
But when she smiles at me I love it.
I guess I’m more attracted to that, not the physical.
I suppose what matters to This Kid is “can we talk?”
Many can’t, so I keep looking = looking for that smile.

• For 16&1/2 years (1977-1993) I drove transit bus for Regional Transit Service (RTS) in Rochester, NY, a public employer, the transit-bus operator in Rochester and environs. My heart-defect caused stroke October 26th, 1993 ended that. I retired on medical-disability, and that defect was repaired. I recovered well enough to return to work at a newspaper; I retired from that almost 15 years ago.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home