Thursday, January 30, 2020

Online banking mobile-deposit

—“Capital idea!” I thought to myself. “Avoid driving to the bank.”
A while ago my wife’s brother clued me in to mobile-deposit. Photograph a check with my smartphone, then deposit online without leaving my desk.
Trips to the bank were always additional. Another errand to hook with other errands.
I’d do it in the auto-window, so my dog got a treat. “Hup-hup! I know where we are.”
That’s a six-minute zag returning from other errands.
I’ve successfully completed other online mobile-deposits; although it usually took way more than six minutes.
That’s because I do it so infrequently, plus forgotten passwords, etc. Seems I hafta “change password” every time I attempt login; and I write ‘em into a small book.
So now Blue Cross sent me a check for $20; their obligation for dental hygiene that cost $90 or so. My health-insurance pays the remainder, but that’s only every six months, and I’m doing it every three months — out of my own pocket.
Usually my dental insurance paid my dentist directly. But Blue Cross sent a check.
Okay, fire up mobile-deposit on my iPhone.
The usual horsing around trying to figger my next move. Vertically my iPhone wouldn’t display a zero-tab, so I couldn’t enter $20.
Horizontally it would. Success without calling the bank.
Quite a bit auto-filled, although their system didn’t like auto-filled asterisks. Guile-and-cunning engaged.
Now, photograph check; front, then back endorsed “for mobile-deposit only.”
“Submit;” BOINK! “Unable to complete; we couldn’t read the transit-number.”
Try again: Attempt number-two.
Place check closer so the transit-number will be visible.
BOINK! “Can’t see check-corners.”
Great. It’s a big check. If I rearrange to make the corners visible, that makes the transit-number invisible.
Attempt number three:
BOINK!
“Can’t see transit-number.”
I rearranged everything to a view I hoped the bank could crunch.
Attempt number four:
BOINK!
I gave up.
I fired a complaint to their “contact us.” Guess I gotta drive to the bank. Then there’s the possibility my limited endorsement won’t allow me to deposit.
Hello, do you guys really want my $20? It’s costing me $4 or more to make this deposit.
I bet if I were some fat-cat depositing 89 bazilyun dollars my deposit would crunch.
Capital idea! But it sounds like I gotta do it the old way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home