Monday, November 26, 2018

“Share,” not Cher

A girl with whom I attended college “liked” two pictures my brother Facebook “shared” (I guess).
She was one of three female “extraordinaries.” One was a cousin, and the other I was lucky enough to marry.
There are two male “extraordinaries.” One, from long ago, tried to make me a “DeadHead” (Grateful Dead). A user of marijuana, mescaline, LSD, etc. I refused.
The other is current. I worked with him at the Canandaigua Daily-Messenger newspaper, and he became religious. He moved quickly after my wife died.
“It’s gonna take a full frontal lobotomy to reverse what’s in my head,” I told him.
“A bottle in front of me is better than a frontal lobotomy,” he quipped.
That girl probably found me in Facebook’s Houghton College group. An old girlfriend living in Washington state found me in our high-school group.
I also happen to be “friends” with my aquacise instructor, after SuckerBird and his lackeys secretly trolled my iPhone contacts.
An actual friend badmouths Facebook as a waste of time. My aquacise instructor countered Facebook was excellent for keeping track of family.
A girl in my high-school class suggests the same. Her Facebook is only to keep track of family. My aquacise instructor is more involved. She uses her Facebook to spread love and joy.
I fire it up fairly often, since love and joy are better than the posturing I usually see.
I have little time for Facebook. Writing is more fun. A guy I drove bus with says Facebook is for people lacking a life. Furthermore, Facebook is too complicated. I have no time or inclination to figger it out.
My college friend “liked” two photographs my brother “shared.” I guess that’s what he did. The photographs were a family Thanksgiving breakfast, and I’m in ‘em.
I wondered how she knew about those photographs. I don’t know what “share” means. I tried it recently with a video, and it appeared in my “timeline.” Does that mean all 58 of my FB “friends” can see it? —I was born in the prior century.

Houghton College in western New York, is from where I graduated with a BA in 1966.
• “SuckerBird” is Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook.
• For 16&1/2 years (1977-1993) I drove transit bus for Regional Transit Service (RTS) in Rochester, NY, a public employer, the transit-bus operator in Rochester and environs. My heart-defect caused stroke October 26th, 1993 ended that. I retired on medical-disability, and that defect was repaired. I recovered well enough to return to work at a newspaper (the Daily Messenger). I retired from that almost 13 years ago.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yes

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home