Wednesday, June 13, 2018

“You got another dog!”

So shouted the Honeoye Falls Goodwill lady. “I’m so glad you got another dog! I knew you would.”
I started tearing up. It’s lability, a stroke-effect = poor emotional control. (“Lability” is a web-link, readers.)
She gave me a gigantic hug, me standing like a lifeless pillar of stone.
“I’m no good at huggy-poo,” I said.
“But I am; good enough for both of us.” She hugged me again.
The Honeoye Falls Goodwill lady, who I hardly know, is a dog-person. I hooked visits to Honeoye Falls Goodwill with taking Scarlett to Boughton Park. She’d make a big fuss over Scarlett.
A while ago I came without Scarlett; I had to put her down (age-13). The lady was devastated, as was I.
So the other day I would visit the first time with Killian. I kept Killian in the car; I’d never get him back if he got loose. But I rolled down the windows half-way so the lady could commune with Killian.
“You got a new master,” she loudly exclaimed, fussing Killian, who of course loves it. Her giant contribution-bin rolled unattended in front of another contributor driving in.
Some back away from a dog, but not this Goodwill lady.

• I had a stroke October 26th, 1993 from an undiagnosed heart-defect since repaired. I pretty much recovered. Just tiny detriments; I can pass for never having had a stroke.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Anmari said...

Aw, I'm so happy you got a dog. Pictures??? - AM

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home