Saturday, December 30, 2017

Canned response

“Thank you for contacting Shutterfly.
We are sorry to hear that your order was not as expected. Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing while using the Shutterfly website. Our engineers have fixed the issue.”
(Yeah sure!)
“We would like to inform you that the issue is the new custom path calendar.” (My underlining.)

I DON’T THINK SO.
Constant-readers of this blog know I do an annual calendar of train-pictures my brother and I took near Altoona PA.
That calendar was done before Thanksgiving. I had Shutterfly print a single “proof” calendar in case anything was wrong. Before I spill over $2,000 for 65 calendars.
Every order is at least a week. Order then wait a week until it shows.
Meantime Shutterfly is also producing my Christmas-card, and I hafta mail ‘em; MSWord©’s “mail-merge.”
The “proof” arrived two weeks ago. All was okay except their printing. White blotches were stepping on my captions.
Never before. Two or three previous calendars, and all were fabulous.
I returned the proof, and also did a “feedback.” Christmas passed; the calendars were supposed to be Christmas presents. 2018 would soon begin.
I returned the calendar “return-receipt-requested.” Nothing yet. Just the e-mail response quoted above.
I can imagine “Vignish K” assembling a response from various computer files.
But did he actually read my inquiry: “I’d like to be able to order my annual train-calendar, but can’t if white blotches step on my captions.”
Okay, I’m sure others are pulling teeth wrastling Shutterfly’s new way of doing things. Enough for “Vignish” to think that was my problem too.
What I did in the past was overwrite a previous project. I can’t do that with a previous project discontinued.
What I did was figger out their new system.
I don’t think “white blotches on my captions” are inability to figger out that system.
To me white blotches are a printing problem — on their end.
I since generated a newer calendar, pretty much identical to my earlier “proof.” This is sort of what Vignish suggested, except they were generating from my proof calendar, and I was doing from scratch.
So another single proof calendar is ordered as of last night.
If I still get white blotches I’ll probably just eat it. 65-or-more calendars, well over 2,000 smackaroos. I’ll be halfway through January before I can ship!
More irksome is Vignish’s response = CANNED BOILERPLATE. (If I say anything it’s “Call Security!”)
White blotches mean someone other than Shutterfly next year. And who’s to say the others aren’t invisibly sub-contracted to Shutterfly?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home