Monday, July 10, 2017

BlogSpot



BlogSpot®, which this blog is, is a subsidiary of Google®.
Which wants to take over the the entire known universe.
I admit to using Google quite a bit.
It started as a search-engine, I think, and became the search-engine everyone uses. Others remain: Yahoo®, and “Jeeves” (“Ask Jeeves,” now just “ASK”), what I used first.
Google is now into everything. As far as I know, both YouTube® and BlogSpot are Google, along with 89 bazilyun other computer apps.
Apparently Google is working on a self-driving car.
I’m a retired bus-driver. I always allowed incredible following distance, perhaps five times what was suggested. I didn’t wanna slam on the brakes = toss passenger outta their seats.
I’d be bopping along, a huge gap in front of me, and some NASCAR wannabee charged into the gap.
“Did you see that?” my shotgun rider exclaimed.
“Which is why I’m way back here,” I said.
Google wants bumper-to-bumper 80 mph on Los Angeles’ 405.
I don’t think I could do it.
I need “slop;” which is what I called it.
I still do it, though no longer carrying passengers.
Used to be I got my ‘50s rock-n-roll from various sites: Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Danny and the Juniors.
Now I get them from YouTube, with video that may be little more than a spinning 45. (Anyone know what a “45” is?)
I’ve pictured BlogSpot’s thingy for manipulating blog posts. My blogs aren’t written into BlogSpot. I do ‘em on this computer in a word-processor, Apple’s “Pages.”
When finished I copy/paste to BlogSpot, then publish.
Quite often “editing” has to be done: cutting, fixing errors, etc.
I don’t edit BlogSpot. I edit my word-processor document, then copy/paste again.
That thingy is also telling me how many readers I had, plus if anyone commented.
I don’t know who they are, or if anyone out there in cyberspace is reading my blog.
I get 15-20 readers on average, and most of those, if not all, were from e-malled blog links.
A blog link goes to perhaps 30 or more. I have e-mail lists: “family,” “trains” (railfans like me), ex-Messenger (the newspaper where I once worked), and my vaunted “Ne’er-do-Well” list (people like me declared reprehensible and disgusting).
Once a blog is published I send out an e-mail of “Today’s blog-post.” It has my BlogSpot link, which their Internet browser fires up.
I’ve noticed I get one blog reader almost immediately. I don’t think people are waiting with baited breath to click my link.
My guess is someone programmed their e-mail to fire up links, or safer yet, my links alone.
Whatever, someone already fired up my blog as soon as I published it.
Or something fired up my link as soon as I published.

• I’m told my perception of Google is eclipsed. As I understood it, YouTube and BlogSpot were Google apps. Now that has been superseded by a holding-company named “Alphabet,” and Google is part of that. YouTube and BlogSpot may be standalone Alphabet subsidiaries. Whatever; they’re gonna have to pry my cold dead hands from the steering-wheel!
• “Little Richard,” “Jerry Lee Lewis,” and “Danny and the Juniors” are all YouTube links that play the song. Click away, dudes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Hup! Hup! Google is one of many applications owned by Alphabet, Inc.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home