Wednesday, April 26, 2017

More iPhone wrastling

Tuesday is trash-day for The Keed.
My neighbors are Thursday.
Out here trash is not gumint. It’s private.
My trash-disposal is a private company.
I suppose finished they dump at a local landfill.
I hafta take out my trash the previous night because they collect before dawn.
I have two items: -a) one is my “blue-box” recyclables, and -b) the other is my actual trashcan, containing garbage and non-recyclables.
My iPhone, which I always carry, uses its camera-flash as a flashlight.
It was pitch-dark, and my trash goes roadside. I turned on the iPhone flashlight to properly locate my blue-box.
Headed back toward my house, I went to turn off my iPhone flashlight.
“Now what!” It’s showing me its music-menu. Instead of the flashlight menu.
Can I get back to that flashlight menu? I stabbed around, trying everything but the magic motion needed, a simple side-swipe.
As always, what do I know? And I don’t have time to drop everything and “play with it,” what other iPhone users advise.
It’s pushing 11 p.m.; I have an exercise-class the next day.
I’m trying to “Take Out the Papers and the Trash.” (That’s the Coasters YouTube link, readers.)
What do I hafta do to get that stupid light off? It’s gobbling my battery.
Back inside, flashlight still glaring at me, engage YouTube: “Turn off iPhone flashlight.”
Midnight approaches. I’m asking the wrong question, but I can’t think of a five-word way to ask the right question, which is “flip from music-menu to flashlight menu.”
YouTube searches, reflecting its teenybopper users, can’t crunch more than a few words.
So I killed my iPhone; that killed the flashlight.
Fired up again, the flashlight was off, and back to the flashlight menu. (I wasn’t expecting such.)
The next day, back to PC and Wireless, where I bought my iPhone, to ask my “question-of-the-month.”
First was “question-of-the-day,” which some time ago became “question-of-the-week.” Now it’s “question-of-the-month.”
“Simple sir,” the dude said. A simple side-swipe: zip-zap!

• RE: “Out here......” — I live in the small rural town of West Bloomfield in Western NY, southeast of Rochester.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home