Wednesday, June 08, 2016

“Go ad-free for 99¢ per month”

BOOM! Ker-BLAM! Cars explode in flaming fireballs!
Macho Ah-nald strides out of dark shadows, Uzi blazing out of his right hand, hurling insults, eyes glowing green under furrowed brow.
“That does it!” I say.
I click PhotoBucket’s “Go ad-free for 99¢ per month” link.
In the past, ads were just videos; click for sound.
Knock-kneed, scantily-clad teeny-boppers prance for Target, parading in outfits no working girl would ever wear. Too much cleavage.
“Too bad she couldn’t finish her dress,” Minnie would say.
(That’s Minnie Pearl, not Minnie Mouse.)
I’d let ‘em play while I fiddled PhotoBucket. I never turned on the sound.
“They ain’t gettin’ no 99¢.”
But there’s Ah-nald, soon to be Governator of Californy.
It was a game.
How can anyone enjoy that?
Exploding fireballs, only in games or movies.
How many dudes can you kill?
A world of make-believe, pleasant until it actually happens.
Somebody shoots up a high-school, and people run for their lives.
I vizualize that TV footage of everyone running when the Twin Towers fell.
I store my image-files at PhotoBucket, which means I hafta make folders and upload, etc.
I have hundreds of pictures at PhotoBucket.
But not the gigantic files photographers upload.
I’m only at 10% capacity.
My pictures are blog-size, 5.597 inches wide, the width of a BlogSpot column.
BlogSpot displays ‘em from an HTML image-tag.
And they’re only 72 pixels-per-inch. Otherwise they display too big.
I’m not very computer-savvy. Things happen which have me pulling the plug.
I only know what works. Go beyond that and I’m clueless.
I had to kill this here laptop last night. I hit some errant key and a strange screen appeared.
I had no idea how to escape, thereby losing part of a blog I hadn’t saved yet.
My wife and I discovered PhotoBucket, mainly because BlogSpot’s image-storage, which I think was based on Picassa, quit working.
Perhaps I maxxed it out.
My wife is now gone, but I still use PhotoBucket.
So PhotoBucket wins. They get their 99¢, actually $9.99 per year via PayPal.
It’s Ah-nald. “I’m-a gonna make ya an offer ya can’t-a refuse-ah.”

• “HTML” is Hyper-Text Markup Language, a background instruction system made invisible in text by surrounding carets (“<” and “>”). I use it only to embolden, underline and italicize text, although it can do other things. I do paragraph drops with it. My picture-inserts and links are also via HTML-tag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home