Wednesday, November 26, 2014

B-A-C-H

The classical-music radio-station out of Rochester (NY) I listen to, WXXI, is public-radio.
Most of its financial support comes from memberships.
Since it’s the only radio I can stand, I listen to it all the time.
As soon as I walk in my house, WXXI goes on.
That is, everything except opera, which I can’t stand. Bellowing and screaming!
Uh-oh......... they goosed her again. Why can’t they let that poor girl alone?
I’m a so-called “sustaining-member.” I allow WXXI to charge my checking-account $50 a month. I figure they’re worth it, since I listen to it as much as I do.
I guess being a sustaining-member makes me special.
A matron from WXXI called me up to follow up a letter she sent.
.....to get my opinions, and see if I wanted to take part in planning.
I don’t remember no letter. I remember a previous phonecall.
This most recent phonecall supposedly wasn’t a solicitation, and she didn’t seem to be after my wallet.
I commented it was the only radio I could stand, and had it on right then.
Did I wanna take part in station-planning: a future phonecall.
I responded my input would be B-A-C-H. “I’m a Bach junky,” I said.
So in other words, I didn’t wanna take part in station-planning.
“Just keep the Bach coming,” I said.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home