Monday, July 28, 2014

DREAD!

BEEEEEP! (Alarums-Alarums!)
Another gumint alert to my cellphone.
A flash-flooding alert.
“Dismiss!”
This is the second cellphone alert I’ve received.
First was an Amber-alert, notification of a missing teenager.
Scared me to death!
That child was found;
probably because of that cellphone alert.
Well okay, but I have a feeling gumint minions will go bonkers with cellphone alerts.
Given some new technology to inflate their egos, we’ll get an alert for everything. Cellphone use interrupted so the gumint can alert us about the silliest of things.
Like heavy snow expected, or Granny behind the wheel.
So what will happen is what I just did: shut the damn things off in my cellphone settings.
Well, maybe I’ll turn my Amber-alerts back on. It’s worthwhile to counter a child-kidnapper.
But I don’t think I need gumint nannies interrupting my cellphone use to tell me to watch for ducks crossing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home