Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This is dental insurance?

As a retiree from Regional Transit Service in Rochester, NY, where I drove transit bus for 16&1/2 years, I have dental insurance, although it’s a joke.
It doesn’t pay nearly the going rate for dental work.
I also am a member of the official Transit retirees club, the “Alumni,” who negotiated reduced pricing with Q-Dental, an area dental provider.
My copay after Transit’s dental insurance is not as much as it would be if I paid the going rate.
I patronize Q-Dental’s office in Henrietta, NY, a suburb of Rochester to the southeast.
They tell me I’m the only one at that Henrietta office who uses the Alumni pricing, and I’m beginning to wonder I’m the only Transit retiree who uses the Alumni pricing.
I’d like to think there are others, but every time I go there I have a credit or debit adjustment.
I asked about this, and was told my pricing is very complicated.
It is?
I have an exact schedule of my copays for each dental procedure.
Just recently I had a two-surface amalgam filling done.
And now my Transit retirees dental insurance is refusing to pay anything.

This is dental insurance?
An old geezer like me is limited to one filling per year?
Get real, dudes. You’re just going through the motions!
You limit someone my age to one filling per year, and you’re being ridiculous.
Somebody’s making a killing being ridiculous.
Stiff the little guy so they can buy a Mercedes.
My wife called Q-Dental.
Apparently they will eat the extra $10 my so-called dental insurance refuses to pay.
My dental insurance is being asinine. —They’re stiffing us, probably laughing all the way to the Mercedes dealership.
My wife would have called the dental insurance, but no phone-number was provided as promised.

(Not there.)
They claimed the phone-number would be on the notification, but it wasn’t.
Okay, use the phonebook, in which case you engage a machine, and “Please hold during the silence (boom-chicka-boom-chicka-boom-chicka-boom-chicka!); your hold will be approximately three hours.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home