Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Disclaimer

“Instructions to perform tasks in this guide may change depending on the software version on your phone.”
“Uh-oh......” Catch-22.
I wanted to put a phone-number into the contact-list on my new Droid-X smartphone.
Consult manual.
Fire up contact-list > menu > add contact.
“Add-contact” is not in the menu.
Of course not; “Instructions to perform tasks in this guide may change depending on the software version on your phone.”
So, how do we add a contact when a catch-22 has taken over?
Engage noggin; the old guile-and-cunning.
How about if I key in the phone-number first?
That’s the way it worked on my old cellphone; “Save?”
I keyed in the number on the virtual keypad, then hit “menu.”
“Save contact?”
Hello! This wasn’t what’s in the manual.
Of course not; “Instructions to perform tasks in this guide may change depending on the software version on your phone.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home