Thursday, September 24, 2009

“The trouble with Obama is.......”

Yesterday (Wednesday, September 23, 2009) my wife of nearly 42 years made one of her cogent observations she’s want to make.
Which is why I married her.
She’s like my long-lost cousin Judy, who could carry on an intellectually stimulating conversation.
“The trouble with Barack Obama,” my wife said; “is that he’s too reasonable. He’s always appealing to reason.”
“Yeah,” I shouted. “And that’s the bane of all rational people, especially with fear-mongers like Rush Limbaugh, goosesteeping Annie, and Sarah Palin roiling the populace.”
“Reason doesn’t cut it any more,” she said. “He needs to appeal to emotion.”
“And the el-cheapo, ad-hominem pot-shot,” I added. “Just like Rush Limbaugh. It’s called ‘scoring points.’” (“Gotcha!”)
The other day I happened to be trying to find photo-storage for this here blog, and a previous coworker suggested Kodak EasyShare.
“FREE, with minimal annual purchase,” it said.
“WHAT?” I cried. “Find the logic in that!” I shouted.
Is this the future? ....What things are coming to?
How about “after minimal annual purchase.”
What they meant, I’m sure; but they ain’t hornswoggling this kid with logic like that.
So much for EasyShare — I looked elsewhere.
I suppose that makes me a jerk.

• “Goosesteeping Annie” is of course Ann Coulter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home