Sunday, July 26, 2009

Facebook Frustration

Scan ancient (1962) black-and-white photo to put on the “wall” of an old high-school girlfriend’s Facebook.
I go to her Facebook, and click on the wall-post line, then “add photo.”
I “browse” the old photo, and attach it from my desktop.
I paste in an explanatory comment.
“Share.”
NOTHING!
Nothing but the long-spinning soccer-ball; the Macintosh equivalent of the Windows hourglass.
Minutes pass. “I haven’t got all day,” I say.
Trying again, nothing.
“It looks like I won’t be able to fly this!” I say.
Third attempt: again nothing.
I give up!
Back to the “Robert Hughes” Facebook.
Watch long-spinning soccer-ball.
“For heaven sake. Facebook is getting me nowhere,” I say.
Zap that; try the log-in page.
Usually I don’t have to log in. My FireFox Internet browser keeps my Facebook open.
Continuous soccer-ball.
Not the first time. How many times has Facebook been off in the ozone?
Note to self: every shining example of technological wizardry was designed by a human-being.

• “Robert Hughes” is of course me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home