Monday, January 12, 2009

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....

The church up the street has voted to welcome gays and lesbians.
“My mother went to that church!” Linda shouts.
The pastor says it was “a vote for love.”
Also a strike for tolerance.
“I’ll tell ya what tolerance is,” my tub-thumping Conservative Christian siblings would say.
“It’s not allowing anyone that disagrees with you in your midst!”
The church is Congregationalist.
“Well, that explains a lot,” my siblings would shout.
“Sure ain’t Baptist! Jesus was straight.”
“This didn’t come out of left field,” the pastor said.
“Did too!” my siblings would shout. “Didn’t come out of right field either. Pack a’ Liberials!”
The church pastor is worried a few parishioners might leave. Some disagree with the position.
“I don’t like it,” the junior-high youth-leader said; “but that doesn’t mean I have to leave.
We don’t have to completely agree as long as we have respectful tolerance.”
But again: “tolerance is not allowing anyone that disagrees with you in your midst.”

  • “Linda” is my wife of 41 years. Her mother attended that church during her stay here after my stroke (10/26/93).
  • All my siblings are tub-thumping born-again Christians. I’m not, so I’m reprehensible.
  • “Liberial” is how my loudmouthed macho brother-from-Boston noisily insists “liberal” is spelled. (Recently it’s “liberila” or “libieral.”) —To my siblings taking their cue from Falwell and Limbaugh, all Liberals are despicable.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home