Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Preserves for Christmas


(Epson 10000 XL.)

I have a file on my ‘pyooter desktop, a rant by “The Kid From Brooklyn” about Starbucks.
I’ve never posted it, for fear of inflaming the tender ears of thems that access this here site.
Plus I wanna protect small children.
It’s rather raunchy. He uses the dreaded F-word over-and-over.
But I think it’s hilarious, so I’ve never trashed it.
Minus the F-word, it’s me talking.
I was reminded of it last night.
Linda saved a promotional flyer for me from www.hurdorchards.com, selling gifts of preserves for Christmas.
They want 59 bucks for one presentation, six 6-ounce jars of preserves.
FOR HEAVEN SAKE!
My Smucker’s “Just-Fruit” is 10 ounces, and I doubt it was even near $10.
And 95 smackaroos for another!
All I could think of was a quote from “the Big Man” concerning Starbucks coffee.
“What’s it made out of, liquid gold?”

  • “‘Pyooter” is computer.
  • RE: “For fear of inflaming the tender ears of thems that access this here site.......” —My siblings are all tub-thumping born-again Christians, but I’m not, so I’m therefore reprehensible and stupid. I have a small grand-nephew about five, being raised as a tub-thumping born-again Christian. “This here site” is our family’s web-site.
  • “Linda” is my wife of 40+ years.
  • “The Big Man” is “The Kid From Brooklyn.”
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home