Thursday, May 29, 2008

“Will the owner of a gray Buick Rendezvous.......”

(Do I ever leave the Canandaigua YMCA without some piece of utter insanity to write up?)

I am quietly cranking the arm-bicycle in the exercise-gym.
“Will the owner of a gray Buick Rendezvous, license number BCB-9035, please move your car. It’s blocking other parked cars on Atwater St.”
Minutes pass.
“Will the owner of a gray Buick Rendezvous, license number BCB-9035, please come to the front desk.”
More minutes pass.
“Will the owner of a gray Buick Rendezvous, license number BCB-9035, please report to the front desk, or your car will be towed.”
WHOA! This is getting serious. As an old news-hound I am duty-bound to see what’s going on.
I leave the exercise-gym to change clothes in the locker-room.
“I can’t believe that guy is not on the premises,” says nice receptionist-lady to the guy whose car is blocked. “He must not want to own up to his transgression.”
I change clothes and trudge up to Atwater St.; it’s right next to the YMCA, which is planning to expand there soon.
Sure enough; there’s the Rendezvous, blocking a silver S-10 Blazer.
I go around back: the whole stinkin’ kabosh. “Bush-Cheney 2004,” “God is my copilot” (and I’m the pilot), “Rush is Right,” “Pray for our troops” (that they may slaughter the Infidel with gay abandon), the Christian fish, “Git-R-Dun,” and “In case of Rapture this car will be unpiloted.”
Too bad I park four blocks away, and my camera is in the car. I coulda taken a picture!

  • I work out at the Canandaigua YMCA.
  • RE: “As an old news-hound......” —For almost 10 years I worked for the Canandaigua Daily-Messenger newspaper, from where I retired over two years ago. Best job I ever had.
  • “Rush” is Rush Limbaugh.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home