Monday, July 30, 2007

Little children are starving in China

Yesterday (Sunday, July 29, 2007), in consequence of my being the child of Depression parents (“Clean your plate! Little children are starving in China.”), we consumed the remainder of the chicken-broccoli casserole Linda made for the relatives when they were here.
Ugh! Tasted fine, but too much.
I can see making it again, but I could get by on half what we had last night.
Then, similarly, we set about consuming the tons of chocolate-chip ice-cream we had left over.
Again, ugh!
We usually eat ice-cream every weekend, but it’s Ben & Fat Jerry’s fair-trade chocolate in non-caffeinated Coke.
I had bought Hershey’s dark-chocolate syrup to pour over the chocolate-chip ice-cream, but the whole kabosh was too much.
KEE-YUCK! I’m used to eating so-called bird food; the opposite of the pig-out menu.
Spare; just enough to get by.
Beyond that is overkill: too much!

  • “Linda” is my wife.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home