Sunday, June 03, 2007

No macros........

Good grief!
Apple, in its infinite wisdom, has apparently decided to dump the macro-function from AppleWorks.
I can just imagine all the noisy blustering this will prompt from West Bridgewater.
About how MAC is inferior, and therefore I am inferior: the same tiresomely-boring broken-record we’ve had to endure ever since I had the awful temerity and unmitigated gall and horrific audacity to dispute his ERRONEOUS recollection of where we got off I-80.

I installed an AppleWorks-6 app last night (Saturday, June 2, 2007), planning to trash AppleWorks-5, a classic-app. AppleWorks-6 is an OS-X app; classic-apps fire up and run under OS9.2 in OS-X.
But then I noticed it didn’t grab my macros — in fact, AppleWorks-6 didn’t have a macro-function at all.
Linda did some Internet research and found users complaining about the lack of the macro-function in AppleWorks-6. The suggestion is to write Apple-scrips to equal the macros.
I dragged AppleWorks-5 right back outta the trash.
Them there macros are 95% of why I use AppleWorks.
My vaunted SuperMacro, that saved my employ at the mighty Mezz, was an AppleWorks macro.
I wrote other AppleWorks macros that cleaned up copy for our web-site. I had to install these macros on numerous machines, including the webmaster.
The idea was to install OS-X apps to replace all my old classic-apps.
I was expecting to have one classic-app left: my hoary old Quicken-2003. But that runs under OS-X, which means I was expecting to have no classic-apps.
But we’re hangin’ onto AppleWorks-5, if AppleWorks-6 doesn’t have the macro-function.
AppleWorks-5 will be my onliest classic-app. (Unless Word and Excel lob similar shortcomings.........)

  • RE: “ERRONEOUS recollection of where we got off I-80.........” refers to a dispute about where my macho loud-mouthed brother-from-Boston, and I, got off Interstate-80 in Pennsylvania on a motorbike trip to Horseshoe Curve in Altoona about 2000 or so. We took the route I have used 89 bazilyun times — he was leading, but I told him where to get off. Even though he had never made the trip before, he loudly insists we got off one exit earlier, and that my memory is toast. I ain’t backin’ down. He’s just plain WRONG!
  • “Linda” is my wife.
  • “The mighty Mezz” is the Canandaigua Daily-Messenger newspaper, where I once worked.
  • “Our web-site” (and its webmaster) are the Messenger-Post web-site, which I did for a while before retiring.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home