Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mano-a-mano

Down-and-dirty with AppleWorks-6........
If you read this here blog, you are probably aware that the other night (Saturday, June 2, 2007) I installed AppleWorks-6 on my rig, and immediately found that Apple, in its infinite wisdom, had apparently dumped the all-important macro-function (“No macros,”) the main reason I used AppleWorks.
Yesterday (Monday, June 4, 2007) I had the awful temerity and unmitigated gall and horrific audacity to inadvertently open an AppleWorks-file (created in AppleWorks-5, my earlier macro version) from its desktop-folder.
It fired up AppleWorks-6, and converted to an AppleWorks-6 file.
Well that’s just wonderful: there goes my macro-function.
And not only that, I couldn’t save edits. Apparently it was write-protected; or at least save-protected.
Down-and-dirty time!
I still have AppleWorks-5, so fired it up, and it wouldn’t open the file that had been converted to AW-6.
So I copy/pasted the AW-6 file-contents into a new AppleWorks-5 document.
I guess we can’t open an AW file from the desktop — AppleWorks-5 only. Desktop opens with AppleWorks-6, which leaves me unable to alterate.
AppleWorks-6 has also apparently taken over two all-important 9.2-desktop files; my href-tag and my picture-box tag (both HTML tags); both created in AW-5.
But those were text-only files, so it doesn’t matter.

  • “My rig” is my ‘pyooter.
  • “The awful temerity and unmitigated gall and horrific audacity” is a macro.
  • “9.2” is my old operating-system: MAC OS9.2. Both OS-X and 9.2 are on this rig, and 9.2 operates as a subsidiary of OS-X.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home