Thursday, April 05, 2007

new hairball

Our fantabulous Sony combination DVD/Video-Cassette recorder, purchased a few months ago at Best-Buy, is lobbing a new hairball, at least compared to our old VCR.
It likes to lose its time. The power dove twice in the past couple weeks, and each time the machine has dropped back to June 25, 2003*, and one hour early.
Our old VCR, also a Sony, never did that.
Apparently both machines have battery-backup, because neither loses its recording-program.
But the old VCR never lost its time.
I noticed this trying to take my blood-pressure.
The machine is right nearby, so I’d use it to see what time it was.
Which was when I noticed it was an hour slow.
Resetting the clock I noticed the date was wrong too.
That wouldn't have messed up the news recording, but being an hour slow would have.
Yep; progress has been made since our old VCR. I know, because REPUBLICANS keep telling me it has.
Our old VCR had a “reality-regenerator” button too.
We never knew what it did, although pushing it made strange things happen at the mighty Mezz and in Ashburnham, Mass.
*Sounds like Sony has hired an ex-Microsoft programmer.

  • The “mighty Mezz” is the Canandaigua Daily-Messenger newspaper where I once worked.
  • “Ashburnham, Mass.” is the home of Charlie Gardiner (the vaunted “CG”), who I graduated with from Houghton College back in 1966. Like me, CG is a ne’er-do-well.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home