Monday, December 25, 2006

wind-chime

The Keed.
Fixed (chain replaced).
The wind-chime on our porch has disintegrated.
We had it hanging from the porch ceiling and it blew apart during our recent wind-storm.
It was my first feeble stab at reattaining normality after returning home from the rehab hospital following the stroke.
So it’s about 13 years old. I noticed it in the Honeoye Falls supermarket and said “let’s buy it.”
Then, despite being unstable on a stepladder, I hung it up on the front porch, screwing a hanger-hook into the plywood ceiling.
It’s lasted since then: a brass dangler ringing four different-sized thin brass-tubing (pipe/whatever) chimes.
The wind blew off the dangler. The wind-chime was still up, but the dangler was on the porch floor, chain-and-all.
At first I thought I could rehang the dangler, but now I don’t know. Its chain is almost completely disintegrated.
It keeps breaking apart.
Time for a new wind-chime. Replacing the chain, and reattaching the ringer, etc. would be too much work (NOT! See picture at left).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home