Monday, September 04, 2006

Anvil Inn

RE: “Anvil Inn.....”
I have a hunch the “Anvil Inn” currently exists.
No doubt the place Elz and I went is long-gone.
Over the many years I did “Night-Spots” for the mighty Mezz, I came to see that the turnover in dives was insane. Many of the dives I did disappeared from the face of the earth. The only one that stayed in business the whole time (about six years) was a place called “Milestones” on East Ave. in Rochester.
But I was updating their gigs from their web-site — which is cheating. “If a dive wants a free ad of what’s coming at their place, they should be faxxing us.” I.e. I shouldn’t have to be getting their updates from the web. (Web-sites were my way of filling the page. There were at least 6-8. That filled one-third the file.)
Years ago I drove Transit bus past a restaurant that went through six owners over eight years. On the way to the mighty Mezz I passed a roadhouse that over 10 years went through four different owners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home