Sunday, April 08, 2018

Hup-hup!

“You just gave me a blog-topic!” I screamed.
“YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION IS REQUIRED!” (Their caps.)
...versus.....
“Your new password will be mailed to you in a couple days. Please check your mail.” (My underlining.)
“Yo Andy,” I yelled. “You want ‘IMMEDIATE ACTION,’ yet I gotta wait ‘a couple days’ for a mailed password.”
“Andy” is Andrew Cuomo, governor of the State of New York.
I have an E-ZPass in my car. It pays my toll on area toll-roads via radio at toll-booths.
Not long ago I changed credit-cards due to fraudulent charges. E-ZPass charges my credit-card to replenish my E-ZPass account. They can’t do so if I changed credit-cards.
I just made a long trip on the NY Thruway to get my new dog. My E-ZPass account needed to be replenished in order to pay that.
NAUGHTY-NAUGHTY! Flat-topped thugs appear in nearby pastures in antenna-festooned vans to warily eye my house through binoculars.
Hup-hup! www.e-zpass.com
    • click “my account”
    • login with your account-number and password
    • click “payment information”
    • enter new information
(Here goes.)
I fire up this computer, aimed at e-zpass.com.
E-ZPass wants a login with password: End-of-Story; like I remember an ozone password.
Supposedly my Firefox Internet-browser has it memorized. The End again: “password invalid!”
Have I gotta do what my wife did? Crank all my passwords into a tiny notebook, since Firefox doesn’t tell me what they are.
Uhm, that’s the same as Firefox memorizing my passwords, which it then enters, and they bomb.
Okay, the old waazoo; done it innumerable times = “change password.” I get that started, then “a new password will be mailed to you in a couple days. (My underlining.)
So much for “IMMEDIATE ACTION!” During those “couple days,” while I anxiously empty my mailbox looking for my new password, the flat-tops destroy my door: “You in deep trouble, boy!”
Fortunately, despite advancing age, I noted their machines presented me with the option of replenishing my E-ZPass account separate from auto-replenish.
I can think of others my age who would have walked away in despair. So far I’ve already blown a half-hour when I coulda been doing something enjoyable.
I successfully replenished my E-ZPass account from my new credit-card. What about “auto-replenish?” “Normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. through 5 p.m.” It’s Saturday of course.
Their machines indicated auto-replenish would be charged to my new credit-card. Really? More dickerin’ with their silly machine. I forget what actually happened, but it sounded like auto-replenish would be from my new credit-card.
I’m not braggin’. I have a hunch anyone else my age would have waited until the following week. “Just call ‘em.” Yeah, sure; machine-city.
Meanwhile the flat-tops disappeared. At least an hour parrying “wondrous time-saving technology.” And an entry-door in smithereens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home