Friday, January 22, 2016

Still hung


The Erie Heritage-Unit. (Photo by Mike Ramey©.)

I store my photo-files at PhotoBucket.
The picture above is an example of a photo I stored at PhotoBucket.
They’re not large files; only 72 pixels per inch, 5.597 inches wide = blog size. 72 pixels per inch is screen resolution.
Larger image resolutions bleed into my blurb at right. Larger still the image may not fully display = you have to scroll it.
So I often upload image-files to PhotoBucket.
My blog accesses the PhotoBucket file via http address, and displays the photo in my blog.
I screenshot that picture last night, processed it, then attempted to upload to PhotoBucket.
Didn’t work, or so it seemed.
I tried again; failed again.
I tried a third time after closing out PhotoBucket and logging in again.
Failed again, or so it seemed. So I went to bed. I’d try again the next morning.
After getting up I tried again, and it bombed again.
What is it about that picture?
Or is it PhotoBucket?
So I quit PhotoBucket and logged in again.
I went to where I upload it, my Monthly-Calendar-Report pictures for February, 2016.
And VIOLA; there were all three pictures I uploaded last night, plus the picture I tried this morning.
Four pictures of the same file. Well, I only need one, so I set about deleting the excess.
I tried to delete one picture, and it promptly hung. “This may take a while; so hang tight,” PhotoBucket told me.
I made my bed; takes at least 30 minutes.
I let this rig run, and its display goes to sleep after a while.
I’d wake it back up, and it’d still be hung.
Move on to fixing breakfast; a friend called my cellphone = at least 15 minutes.
We’d been “hangin’ tight” almost an hour. But when I woke it back up, it had deleted the extra photo.
On to another; hung again.
And still hung on my first wake-up.
Eat breakfast, and let ‘er keep running.
Breakfast finished, about 20 minutes, I woke this ‘pyooter.
The second photo was deleted, so I set about doing the last.
Wham-Bam! Gone in mere seconds.
This is the way it’s supposed to work.
What this tells me is the upload-function went south after PhotoBucket’s staff left for the day.
And when they came back to work this morning, they fixed the upload function.
Do we users get any indication of this, or an apology?
Dream on, baby!

• This here blog-column is 5.597 inches wide.
• “Screenshot” is a MAC function — this ‘pyooter is an Apple Macintosh. With it I create an image-file of something that was on my computer-screen. Windows PCs can do this too — I think it’s called the “snipping-tool;” that is, recent versions of Windows.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home