Friday, December 13, 2013

Glitch

I’m getting what I consider a glitch on my fabulous little iPhone.
My iPhone accesses my e-mail, although it doesn’t actually take my e-mail from RoadRunner, which this here laptop does.
What it does is show me the e-mails RoadRunner has waiting to be taken.
It shows me the e-mail contents, and I can respond.
If I can respond in about 10 words, I do.
If more than 10 words are needed, I do it from this laptop. A long response on my iPhone’s virtual-keyboard is too much trouble.
My fingers ain’t matchsticks.
I’ve tried a virtual-keyboard stylus, but that’s almost as much trouble as the virtual-keyboard. The virtual-keyboard is so tiny you have to be precise.
A real computer-keyboard is much faster. It doesn’t frustrate humans.
My iPhone gets everything; it doesn’t junk.
I suppose there’s some way of having my iPhone junk stuff, or an app.
But I’m the junkman. I trash about 95% of what I get, sales and donation-solicitations. And it ain’t much; maybe 10 per day.
The e-mail program of this laptop junks stuff for me. But it’s only putting stuff in its “junk” folder. I have to trash that myself.
So what I’m doing on my iPhone is previewing my valid e-mails, and responding if I can.
That is, if a response can be short. If not, I wait until I get to this laptop.
So I don’t trash valid e-mails often on my iPhone. They may stay in there a week or so.
The glitch is a valid e-mail is replaced in my iPhone inbox with an e-mail I just trashed — a sale or solicitation.
Those replacements appear in my inbox as “no sender,” and don’t delete with the trash-icon.
But they can be deleted by the “edit” function.
But what’s actually happening is that valid e-mails that got replaced are being deleted.
What if I didn’t wanna delete yet?

• RoadRunner (via Time Warner) is my Internet and e-mail provider.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home