Saturday, November 03, 2012

Testing


And so begins the December Monthly Calendar-Report.

Anyone who follows this here blog knows I do a calendar-report every month, blathering about the pictures in my seven calendars.
They aren’t really calendars. That is, I only use one as a calendar. What they are is wall-art that changes every month.
As a railfan I have four train calendars. I then have two car calendars, and one calendar of classic propeller airplanes, in this case WWII warbirds.
(This reflects my interests.)
Doing a Monthly Calendar-Report takes time. Off-and-on all month.
I blog other topics as the month proceeds, but make time to fly my Monthly Calendar-Report when the new month starts.
I do it in a word-processor (Apple’s “Pages;” I drive a MAC), and what I’ve done in the past is do the entire report in that word-processor, and then fly it in totality as the old month ends.
This was okay, although it might throw an HTML error at me, usually a missing caret (“begin: ‘<’;” or “end: ‘>’”) that goofed up an HTML-tag.
I then had to root the whole document to find that error. Sometimes the blog-site highlighted the error, but often it didn’t.
And the calendar-report would be humungous. Finding that mistake might take hours, if ever. Sometimes the error would goof up my blog post. I’d have to print the blog to find the error.
Now with BlogSpot’s new user interface, I find myself flying as I go along.
That is, I might complete one calendar-entry, and then fly it. After it’s flown, and I looked at it, I delete it.
This narrows my error-search.
If it’s working one calendar at a time, an error will be in the calendar I just covered. I’m not looking for that mistake in the entire calendar-report.
Although I have to delete what I’m testing. That appears in the blog — it’s incomplete and too early.
I suppose I could have also done this with the old BlogSpot interface, but that didn’t occur to me.
So now you may stumble upon a section of my next Calendar-Report unless I delete before you get it.
Doing it this way makes it a little less difficult for me.

• “HTML” is Hyper-Text Markup Language, a background instruction system made invisible in text by surrounding carets (“<” and “>”). I use it only to embolden, underline and italicize text, although it can do other things. I do paragraph drops with it. My picture-inserts and links are also via HTML-tag.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home