Sunday, October 14, 2012

The starfish is found

Anyone who follows this here blog regularly, if there are any at all, knows my dog vaporized one of her toys the other day, the vaunted starfish.
She apparently carried it into the woods on my property, abandoned it, and I couldn’t see it to retrieve it.
It stayed out two nights, and it rained.
BlogSpot tells me I have four followers. I only know of one, “Camera-Banger,” who comments occasionally.
I’ve received other comments, usually business solicitations or invitations to meet desperate hotties.
If I mention HD-radio in a blog, I get blustering from an anti HD-radio dude.
I took the dog for a walk the other day (Thursday, October 11, 2012) on my property, and she grabbed her starfish before we went out.
Well okay, I never get to play with her any more.
She dropped the starfish after about 50 yards, and I retrieved it.
She later started jumping at me as I was carrying it around, so I tossed the starfish for her.
She carried it around a while, shaking it to kill it, but then there was the dog with no starfish.
I retraced steps hoping to find it, but no starfish.
Gone forever,
I concluded.
I looked for it again during our final walk in the dusk, but no starfish.
Oh well, one of many toys, but left to molder abandoned in the woods.
Yesterday morning, two days after losing the starfish, we set out on another walk around my property.
I rounded a corner and there was the starfish.
She had apparently picked it up out of the woods, returned to a path, and dropped it.
She wanted me to toss it again, but I refused.
I wasn’t losin’ that starfish again.

• My current dog is “Scarlett” (two “Ts,” as in Scarlett O’Hara), a rescue Irish-Setter. She’s seven, and is our sixth Irish-Setter, a high-energy dog. (A “rescue Irish Setter” is an Irish Setter rescued from a bad home; e.g. abusive or a puppy-mill. [Scarlett was from a failed backyard breeder.] By getting a rescue-dog, we avoid puppydom, but the dog is often messed up. —Scarlett isn't bad. She’s our third rescue.)
• “BlogSpot” is this blog site.
• “HD-radio” is a special set-up that in my case delivers extraordinary radio-sound. (It was developed to counter satellite-radio, I think. [Cue noisy blustering here.])
• RE: “I never get to play with (my dog) any more.....” —Because my beloved wife of over 44 years died of cancer April 17, 2012. I miss her dearly. Because of that, I never have time to play with my dog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOLD you so...that the starfish would surface.

And what do you mean, "I only know of one, “Camera-Banger,” who comments occasionally."

What am I?

Chopped liver?

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home