Tuesday, January 30, 2007

blogger follies

The new free Messenger web-site, instituted some time ago replacing the paid web-site I did, has six bloggers on it, actually hot-links to their blogs.
I don’t look at the new site much. It has so much on it it’s an intimidating mish-mash. And I’m not the only one who has said so.
Plus a lot of what it has wants players downloaded. I have enough players; and I’m not interested.
The players are for TV video-clips and ads. Ho-hum. Amtrak through Claymont was worth downloading a player for, but otherwise PASS.
Apparently the six bloggers are all Messenger-employees, alhough one has left, leaving a hole.
“Hey Grady; I hear you do a blog,” a reporter, also a blogger, said.
“Yes I do,” I answered.
“So what’s it about?” she asked.
“Whatever comes into my head,” I said.
“Oh,” she said, somewhat deflated.
The blogger who left was blogging about local entertainment spots. They were hoping for someone to fill that gap.
“Well that ain’t a blog,” I thought to myself. “Sounds more like an assignment, or in reporter-lingo ‘a beat.’”
Plenty of Messenger employees maintain blogs. The so-called “Hasidic-Jew” maintains a blog called “Land O’ Ledley.”
Former employees Marcy Dewey and her betrothed Bryan Mahoney maintain blogs.
I can’t imagine the mighty Mezz hot-linking to the blogs of former employees but they’re not linking to Land O’ Ledley either, and he’s an editor.
I’m sorry; what the mighty Mezz bloggers are doing sounds more like a beat.
It may be written in blog-format, and be looser than newspaper-reporting, but it ain’t a blog as I know it.
“We might want to hot-link to your blog,” the reporter/blogger said.
I doubt it. I’m not covering a specific subject.

  • “Grady” was my nickname at the mighty Mezz.
  • My sister-in-Floridy surveyed a picture of Messenger-Post Editor Dave Wheeler (“Ledley”) and allowed he looked like a “Hasidic-Jew.”
  • My nephew posted a video-clip of an Amtrak Metroliner speeding south at 100 mph through Claymont, Del. on the Northeast Corridor. It required Windoze Media-Player.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home